Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

Schedule

Schedule.

Boundaries. [3,189 acres.]Bounded—Towards the North by the Whirinaki River; towards the East by the said river, and the Pukehuia Block nine hundred and fifty (950) links, six hundred and three (603) links, two thousand seven hundred and eighty-eight (2788) links, eight hundred and ninety-six (896) links, seven hundred and thirty-two (732) links, one thousand seven hundred and twelve (1712) links, five hundred (500) links, one thousand two hundred and thirty-three (1233) links, two hundred and sixty-four (264) links; seven hundred and eight (708) links; nine hundred and eighty-five (985) links, eight hundred and six (806) links, and eight thousand three hundred and sixty-four (8364) links; towards the South-east by the Waimamaku Block five thousand eight hundred and five (5805) links; towards the South by the Pakanae No. 1 Block thirty-nine thousand eight hundred and fifty (39850) links; and towards the West by the Okopako Block two hundred and fifty (250) links, one hundred and ninety-four (194) links, one hundred and forty-eight (148) links, three hundred and thirty (330) links, three hundred and eighty-one (381) links, three hundred and forty-nine (349) links, two hundred and thirty-eight (238) links, one hundred and eighty-four (184) links, two thousand three hundred and five (2305) links; four hundred and seven (407) links, five hundred and eighty-two (582) links, and five hundred and forty-nine (549) links, and by lines five hundred and twelve (512) links, two hundred and forty-eight (248) links, one hundred and eighty (180) links, and three hundred and seventy-six (376) links.
Maori précis. He pukapuka tuku rawa atu tenei na Te Waharoa, Rawiri Te Tahua, Wiremu Rangatira, Wiremu Taui, Timo, Ngawati, Remo, Kereama Tauehe, Hauraki Rewha, Tawio Pouroto i tera whenua katoa tona ingoa ko Pakanae No. 3 kia Wikitoria Kuini o Ingarangi ki ona uri ki nga Kingi ki nga Kuini i muri i a ia ake tonu atu. Ko te utu mo taua whenua kotahi rau e iwa tekau ma iwa pauna e ono hereni ine te toru kopa (£199 . 6 . 3) Ko te nui e toru mano kotahi rau e waru tekau ma iwa eka koni ake iti iho ranei. Ko nga rohe enei. Ki te Kotiu ko te awa o Whirinaki kite Marangai ko te awa o Whirinaki ko Pukehuia he whenua kua oti te ruri ki te Marangai ma Tonga ko Waimamaku, ki te Tonga Pakanae No. 1 ki te Hauauru Tuaraki Okopako he whenua kia oti te ruri.

Charles E. Nelson,
Interpreter under Native Lands Act, 1873.

Trust Commissioner's certificate. I, Theodore Minet Haultain, the Trust Commissioner under "The Native Lands Frauds Prevention Act, 1870," for the District of Auckland, do hereby certify that I have, with respect to the within-written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed, made the inquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such inquiries.

T. M Haultain,
Trust Commr.

Dated this 30th day of August, 1875. page 121

758 c.

Received for Registration at 10. a.m. 1 Sept, 1875.Registration.

M. Hamilton,
Dep. Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Maori Précis, Certificate, and Endorsement.

H. H. Turton.

Wellington, March 9th, 1876.