Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

Schedule

Schedule.

Bounded—Towards the North by the Utakura River; towards the East by a stream and Boundaries. [2,716 acres. Te Waitemaunga Stream; towards the South by the said Waitemaunga Stream, the Mangataraire Block one hundred and eighty-six (186) links, one thousand three hundred and ninety-eight (1398) links, seven hundred and forty-nine (749) links, three hundred and forty-four (344) links, five hundred and fifty-six (556) links, one thousand five hundred and twenty-five (1525) links, and three thousand and twelve (3012) links, and Te Karu Block three hundred and ninety-two (392) links, four hundred and six (406) links, eight hundred and sixty-six (866) links, five hundred and ninety-seven (597) links, one thousand and sixty-two (1062) links, seven hundred and twenty-five (725) links, one hundred and ninety-five (195) links, four hundred (400) links, two hundred and twelve (212) links, nine hundred and twenty (920) links, three hundred and seventy-eight (378) links, six hundred and twenty-two (622) links, seven hundred and twenty (720) links, and four hundred and eight (408) links; again towards the East by the said Te Karu Block eight hundred and six (806) links and two thousand seven hundred and seventy (2770) links, the Te Karu River, the Wai-o-nepu Stream, and the Mangataraire Block six hundred and fourteen (614) links; again towards the South by the Oikura Block three hundred and sixty-two (362) links, three hundred and twenty-one (321) links, four hundred and four (404) links, three hundred and forty (340) links, four hundred and ninety-six (496) links, four hundred and seventy (470) links, three hundred and thirty-six (336) links, two hundred and seventy-five (275) links, three hundred and seven (307) links, four hundred and five (405) links, two hundred and ninety-six (296) links, two hundred and twenty-eight (228) links, six hundred and ninety-nine (699) links, two hundred and fifty-eight (258) links, five hundred and ninety-five (595) links, four hundred and twenty-seven (427) links, three hundred and one (301) links, three hundred and fifty-eight (358) links, four hundred and sixteen (416) links, two hundred and thirty-one (231) links, three hundred and eighty-three (383) links, two hundred and sixteen (216) links, two hundred and ninety five (295) links, two hundred and sixty-nine (269) links, one hundred and ninety-eight (198) links, three hundred and three (303) links, three hundred and thirteen (313) links, three hundred and twenty-three (323) links, four hundred and twenty-five (425) links, one hundred and eighty-one (181) links two hundred and fifteen (215) links, two hundred and fifty (250) links, and three hundred and two (302) links; and towards the West by lines one thousand nine hundred and sixty-four (1964) links and one thousand four hundred (1400) links, a stream, the Waikerikeri Stream, and a Wahi Tapu four thousand seven hundred and forty-six (4746) links.
He pukapuka tuku rawa atu tenei na Hori Karaka Tawiti i tera whenua katoa ko tona Maori précis ingoa ko Wataipu kia Wikitoria Kuini o Ingarangi ki ona uri ki nga Kingi kinga Kuini i muri i a ia ake tonu atu. Ko te utu mo taua whenua E rua rau tekau ma rua pauna tekau ma rua hereni me te ono kapa. Ko te nui E rua mano e whitu rau tekau ma ono eka, koni ake iti iho ranei. Ko nga rohe enei. Ki te-kotiu ko te awa o Utakura ki te Marangai ko Waimahutahuta ki te tonga ko Mangataraire ko te Karu ko Oikura ki te hauauru ko Mataki ko te Awa o Waikerikeri me tetahi wahi tapu.
I, Charles E. Nelson, an Interpreter duly appointed under "The Native Lands Act, Interpreter's certificate. 1873," certify that the above is a clear statement in the Maori language of the contents of the within-written deed, which contents I properly explained to Hori Karaka. Tawiti before the same was executed by him.

Charles E. Nelson.

I, Theodore Minet Haultain, the Trust Commissioner under "The Native LandsTrust Commissioner's Certificate. Frauds Prevention Act, 1870," for the District of Auckland, do hereby certify that I have, with respect to the within-written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed, made the inquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such inquiries.

T. M. Haultain,
Trust Commr.

Dated this 30th day of August, 1875.

762 c.

Received for Registration at 10 a.m. 1 Sept., 1875.Registration.

[l.s.]

M. Hamilton,
Dep. Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deed Maori Prècis, Certificates, and Endorsement.

H. H. Turton.

Wellington, March 3rd, 1876.