Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of Randle Cotton Mainwaring]

[Declaration of Randle Cotton Mainwaring]

I Randle Cotton Mainwaring of the City of Auckland in the Province of Auckland Declaration of R. C. Mainwaring. in New Zealand Licensed Interpreter of the Maori Language do most solemnly and sincerely declare 1. That I hold a certificate duly authorizing me to act as Interpreter under the "Native Lands Act 1865" "The Native Lands Act 1867" "The Native Lands Act 1869" and "The Native Lands Act Amendment Act 1870" and that such certificate is in full force and effect. 2. That I was present on the Twenty fifth day of October one thousand eight hundred and seventy two together with Frederic Morris Preston Brookfield of Auckland aforesaid Solicitor and did see Hemi Tautari named and described in the annexed deed of Mortgage marked "A" duly sign and execute the said deed of Mortgage. 3. That immediately before the execution of the said deed of Mortgage by the said Hemi Tautari I did faithfully interpret the said deed of Mortgage into the Maori language unto the said Hemi Tautari and that my translation thereof was correct and was understood by the said Hemi Tautari. 4. That the names "R. C. page 80Mainwaring" and "Fred. M. P. Brookfield" set and subscribed as those of the witnesses attesting the due execution of the said deed of Mortgage by the said Hemi Tautari are of the proper handwriting of me this declarant and of the said Frederic Morris Preston Brookfield and that the said Frederic Morris Preston Brookfield is a male adult.

And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true and by virtue of certain Acts of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled the "Native Lands Act 1865" "The Native Lands Act 1867" "The Native Lands Act 1869" "The Native Lands Act Amendment Act 1870" and the "Justices of the Peace Act 1866."

Made and declared at Auckland aforesaid this Twenty fifth day of October one thousand eight hundred and seventy two Before me
P. A. Philips,

R. C. Mainwaring

A Justice of the Peace in and for the Colony of New Zealand.Note. This is the deed marked "A" referred to in the annexed declaration of Randle Cotton Mainwaring made before me this Twenty fifth day of October one thousand eight hundred and seventy two.

P. A. Philips,
A Justice of the Peace in and for the Colony of New Zealand.