Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of William Henry Tucker]

[Declaration of William Henry Tucker]

Declaration of William Henry Tucker. I, William Henry Tucker, of Gisborne, Licensed Interpreter, do hereby solemnly and sincerely declare,—
  • 1. That I am a duly licensed Interpreter under "The Native Lands Act, 1873."
  • 2. That I was present and did see the within. Manihera Maiki, Wiremu Kingi Tutehuarangi, Te Otene te Waka, Wi Mahuika, Tipene Tutaki, Aporo Matahuata, Panapa Waihope, Atareta Ruru, duly execute the within-written Deed in my presence, and in the presence of C. M. Wilson, an European male adult witness.
  • 3. That previous to the execution of the said Deed by the said parties it was carefully read over, translated, and explained to them by me, in the presence of the said witness, and the said parties appeared to clearly understand the meaning and effect of’ the said Deed previous to executing the same.
  • 4. I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of certain Acts of the General Assembly me thereunto empowering and directing.

Declared at Gisborne, this 26th day of April, 1875.

W. H. Tucker.

Before me—

W. K. Nesbitt, R.M.

I, William Kerr Nesbitt, the Trust Commissioner appointed under "The Native Lands Frauds Prevention Act, 1870," for the District of Poverty Bay, do hereby certify that I have, with regard to the within-written, instrument arid the alienation thereby witnessed, made the enquiries directed by the said Act, and that I am satisfied with the result of such enquiries as regards the names of Manihera Maiki, Wi Kingi, Te Otene te Waka, Wi Mahuika, Tipene Tutaki, Apora Matahuata, Panapa Waihopi, Atereta Ruru, eight in all. Dated at Gisborne this 26th day of April, 1875..

W. K. Nesbitt,
Trust Commissioner.