Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of Gilbert Mair]

[Declaration of Gilbert Mair]

Declaration of Gilbert Mair. I, Gilbert Mair, of Tauranga, in the Province of Auckland, in the Colony of New Zealand, Licensed Interpreter, under "The Native Lands Act 1865," and "The Native Lands Act, 1867," do solemnly and sincerely declare—
  • 1. That the translation of the annexed Deed of Conveyance dated the twenty-fifth day of January, one thousand eight hundred and seventy-one, hereunto annexed and marked "A," is a correct translation thereof.
  • 2. I am acquainted with Mere Hapi and Maniapoto Taupo, Province of Auckland, Aboriginal Natives of New Zealand and successors of Paora Hapimana deceased.
  • 3. That I was present with the said Mere Hapi and. Maniapoto on Saturday the thirteenth day of April, one thousand eight hundred and seventy-two, when I carefully read over to the said-Mere Hapi and Maniapoto the said annexed Deed of Conveyance and annexed translation thereof, and the contents thereof were clearly understood by them previous to their execution of the same.
  • 4. The said annexed Deed of Conveyance and Translation thereof were executed by the said Mere Hapi and Maniapoto on the said thirteenth day of April, one thousand eight hundred and seventy-two, in the presence of myself and S. Locke, Esquire, Resident Magistrate of Napier, male adults, who subscribed our names thereto respectively as the witnesses attesting the execution thereof respectively.
  • 5. And I make this solemn Declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of certain Acts of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866," "The Native Lands Act, 1865," and "The Native Lands Act, 1867."

Gilbert Mair,
Licensed Interpreter.

page 685

Declared at Maketu in the Province of Auckland, in the Colony of New Zealand. Before me—

F. E. Hamlin,

One of Her Majesty's Justices of the Peace in and for the said Colony, on the second day of May one thousands eight hundred and seventy-two.Registration.

14r.

Received for Registration at 2 pm., 21st July, 1874.Registration

(l.s.)

M. Hamilton,
Dep. Registrar.

A True Copy of Original Deed, Translation, Declarations, and Endorsement.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, April 2nd, 1875.