Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of George Augustus Preece]

[Declaration of George Augustus Preece]

I, George Augustus Preece, of Taupo, in the Province of Auckland, do solemnly and Declaration of George Augustus Preece. sincerely declare that I am a duly licensed Interpreter under the Native Lands Acts now in force in New Zealand, and was present and did see the said Te Popoki, Ihakara Kahuao, Hemopo, and Paora Hapimana sign the within-written Deed of Conveyance dated 19th July, 1870, and that before they signed it I carefully interpreted and explained it to them, and the contents thereof were fully understood by them previous to their respective execution thereof and that the said Deed of Conveyance was signed by the said Te Popoki, Ihakara Kahuao, Hemopo, and Paora Hapimana on the nineteenth day of July, 1870, in the presence of myself the said George Augustus Preece and of Samuel Begg, of Napier, a male adult European, who subscribed our names as the witnesses of their execution thereof. And I make this solemn declaration conscien-page 682tiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of the Native Lands Acts now in force in New Zealand.

George Augustus Preece,
Licensed Interpreter.

Declared at Taupo this 19th day of. July, 1870, in the presence of—

S. Locke,

A Justice of the Peace for the Colony of New Zealand.