Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of Henry Martyn Hamlin]

[Declaration of Henry Martyn Hamlin]

I, Henry Martyn Hamlin, of Clive, in the Province of Hawke's Bay, do solemnly and Declaration of Henry Martyn Hamlin. sincerely declare that I am a duly licensed Interpreter under the Native Land Acts, 1865 and '67, and was present and did see Poihipi Tukairangi and Hamuera Takurua sign the within-written Deed of Conveyance, and that before they signed it I carefully interpreted and explained it to them, and the contents thereof were fully understood by them previous to their execution thereof, and that the said Deed of Conveyance dated 19th July, 1870, was signed by the said Poihipi Tukairangi and Hamuera Takurua on the nineteenth day of July, 1870, in the presence of myself the said Henry Martyn Hamlin and of Alexander Munro, of Napier, Surveyor, a male adult European, who subscribed our names as the attesting witnesses to their execution thereof. And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of the Native Lands Acts now in force in New Zealand.

H. M. Hamlin.

Declared at Napier this eighteenth day of October, 1870, in the presence of—

B. A. Ferard,

A Justice of the Peace for the Colony of New Zealand.