Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

[Declaration of James John Piercy]

[Declaration of James John Piercy]

I, James John Piercy, of Maketu, in the Province of Auckland, Licensed Native Declaration of James John Piercy. Interpreter under the Native Lands Acts, do solemnly and sincerely declare that I have correctly and faithfully interpreted the Deed of Lease hereunto annexed and marked A, and made between Marara Rangihoro and Te Mapu of the one part, and Her Majesty Victoria, Queen of Great Britain and Ireland, of the other part, to the said Marara Rangihoro and Te Mapu, and that they fully understand the meaning and effect of the same.

That the signatures "Marara Rangihoro" and "Te Mapu" are of the proper handwriting of the said Marara Rangihoro and Te Mapu.

That the signature "T. S. Horn" is of the proper handwriting of Thomas Sutherland Horn, the attesting witness to the signatures of the said Marara Rangihoro, and that he is a male adult.

That the signature "Wm. Oakley" is of the proper handwriting of William Oakley, the attesting witness to the signature of the said Te Mapu, and that he is a male adult.

page 644

That the signature "Jas. Jno. Piercy" is of the proper handwriting of me this declarant. And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of "The Justices of the Peace Act, 1866."

Jas. Jno. Piercy,
Licensed Interpreter.

Declared before me at Maketu, this

19th day of December, 1871.

F. E. Hamlin, R.M.,

and a Justice of the Peace for the Colony of New Zealand.

This is the Deed of Lease referred to in the annexed Declaration of James John Piercy, and made before me this nineteenth day of December, 1871.

F. E. Hamlin, R.M.,

A Justice of the Peace for the Colony of New Zealand.