Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

(Enclosure 4 in No. 466.)

(Enclosure 4 in No. 466.)

Enclosure 4.Memorandum of Agreement made this Third day of November One Thousand Eight hundred and Sixty Eight between Mao Rawiri and Whare Kawa Natives of the District of Tauranga in the Province of Auckland in the Colony of New Zealand of the one part and Messrs. Whitaker and Russell, Solicitors, of the City of Auckland of the other part.

Whereby the said Mao Rawiri and Whare Kawa agree to sell to the said Messrs. Whitaker and Russell all that piece or parcel of land situated on the Island of Matakana page 650in the District of Tauranga in the Province of Auckland in the Colony of New Zealand and known by the name of Te Wai Hirere and containing Eight hundred acres more or less.

Te Wai Hirere. [800 acres.] And the said Messrs. Whitaker and Russell agree to purchase the said land and to pay to the said Moa Rawiri and Whare Kawa at the rate of Four shillings per acre in manner following, the sum of Thirty pounds to be paid on signing this agreement and the balance on the execution of a conveyance for the said land And the said Mao Rawiri and Whare Kawa further agree to have the said land surveyed without loss of time at their cost.

Signed this Third day of November, One Thousand Eight hundred and Sixty Eight.

Mao Rawiri.
Whare Kawa x his mark.
Whtaker and Russell.

In the presence of—

Wy. Ashcroft.

I hereby certify that I have read over the above agreement to Mao Rawiri and Whare Kawa and that they fully understand its contents.

Richard de Thierry, L.I.

Receipt for £30. Received on account the sum of Thirty pounds sterling.

Mao Rawiri.
Whare Kawa x his mark.

Auckland, 3 Nov, 1868.

Witness—

R. De Thierry.