Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

(Enclosure 18 in No. 466.)

(Enclosure 18 in No. 466.)

Te Papa, Tauranga, October 29th, 1869.
Memorandum of Agreement made this day Between Te Ipu, Native Chief of the Enclosure 18. District of Tauranga in the Province of Auckland in the Colony of New Zealand of the one part and Messrs. Whitaker and Russell Solicitors of the City of Auckland of the other parti Whereby the said Te Ipu agrees to sell to the said Messrs. Whitaker, and Russell all that piece or parcel of land situa d on the Island of Matakana in the District of Tauranga known by the name of Pukekaroro and containing Fiffty acres Pukekaroro. [50 acres.] more or less and the said Messrs. Whitaker and Russell agree to purchase the said land and to pay to the said Chief Te Ipu at the rate of Four shillings per acre, in manner following the sum of Six pounds to be paid on signing this agreement and the balance on the execution of a conveyance for the said land and the said Te Ipu further agrees to have the said land surveyed without loss of time and to hand over the Crown Grant for the said land to the said Messrs. Whitaker and Russell on receipt from the Government.
Receipt for £6. The receipt of Six pounds on a/c is hereby acknowledged.

Na te Ipu.

Witness—

Te Wharenui.
C. T. F. Br. de Thierry, L.I.

I hereby certify that I have read the above agreement to the said Te Ipu and that he fully understands its contents.

C.T. F. Br. de Thierry,
Licensed Interpreter.