Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

(Enclosure 15 in No. 466.)

(Enclosure 15 in No. 466.)

Te Papa, Tauranga, October 29, 1869.
Enclosure 15.I hereby agree to sell my land situated at the Island of Matakana known by the names Hakanui and Hapenui to Messrs. Whitaker and Russell at the rate of Four shillings per acre and I further agree to have the above named land surveyed without loss of time and prove my title to the said land in the Native Lands Court at its next sitting at Tauranga and I hereby promise and agree to hand over the Certificate for the said land to Messrs. Whitaker and. Russell on receipt from Mr. Clarke Civil Commissioner. Receipt for £3. I acknowledge to have received this day the sum of Three pounds sterling in part payment for the above lands and when I sign a conveyance for the said lands to Hakanui and Hapenui. [20 acres.] Messrs. Whitaker and Russell I am to receive the balance of the payment. The land is estimated to contain Twenty acres. Mr. John Chadwick has paid methe above money on account of Messrs. Whitaker and Russell.

Na Te Muri Rotoehu x my mark.
Kereti Te Moananui.

Witness—

C. T. P. Br. de Thierry, L.I.

29/10/69.

I hereby certify that I have read this agreement to the Chief, Te Muri Rotoehu and that he understands its contents.

C. T. E. Br. de Thierry, L.I.