Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

(Enclosure 8 in No. 466.)

(Enclosure 8 in No. 466.)

Enclosure 8.Memorandum of Agreement made this Fourteenth day of November One Thousand Eight hundred and Sixty Eight, between Timi Tirua, Half-Caste of the District of Tauranga in the Province of Auckland, in the Colony of New Zealand of the one part and Messrs. Whitaker and Russell, Solicitors of the City of Auckland of the other part.

Whereby the said Timi Tirua agrees to sell to the said Messrs. Whitaker and Russell, All that piece or parcel of land situated on the Island of Matakana in the District of Tauranga in the Province of Auckland in the Colony of New Zealand and known by the name of Te Rae Opunau and containing two hundred acres more or less.

And the said Messrs. Whitaker and Russell agree to purchase the said land and to pay to Te Rae Opunau. [200 acres.] the said Timi Tirua at the rate of Four shillings p. acre in manner following, the sum of Fifteen pounds to be paid on signing this agreement, and the balance on the execution of a conveyance for the said land And the said Timi Tirua further agrees to have the said land surveyed without loss of time at his cost.

Dated this Fourteenth day of November One Thousand Eight hundred and Sixty Eight.

Timi Tirua.
Whitaker and Russell.

In the presence of—

Wy. Ashcroft.

I hereby certify that I have read over the above agreement to Timi Terua and that he fully understands its contents.

Richard de Thierry, L.I.

Receipt for £15. Received the sum of Fifteen Pounds stg. on a/c.

Timi Tirua.

Auckland, 16th Nov, 1868.

Witness—

R. de Thierry, L.I.