Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Maori Deeds of Land Purchases in the North Island of New Zealand: Volume One

Schedule

Schedule.

Bounded towards the North by the Kaitaia Block the Pukekahikatoa Block the Takahue River the Okakewai Block the Boundaries. [24, 122 acres.] Patiki Block and the Maungataniwha West No. 2 Block towards the East by the Takahue No. 2 Block towards the South by the Manganuiowai Stream the Awaroa No. 1 Block the Waiotehue Creek and the Uhiroa Block and towards the West by Native Land thirteen thousand eight hundred and twenty (13820) links one thousand eight hundred (1800) links one hundred and seventy seven (177) links and by the Pukepoto Block four hundred (400) links two hundred and fifty four (254) links two hundred and twenty (220) links one hundred and eighty seven (187) links two hundred and ninety (290) links two hundred and seventeen (217) links two hundred and ninety (290) links and three hundred and fifty four (354) links.
He pukapuka tino tuku rawa atu tenei Na Timoti Puhipi Wi Tana Papahia ratou Maori précis. ko Hone Harimana i tera whenua katoa tona ingoa ko Takahue No. 1 Ki a Victoria te Kuini o Ingarangi ki ana uri ki nga Kingi ki nga Kuini i muri i a ia ake tonu atu Ko te utu mo taua whenua £2814 " 4 " S Ko tona nui e rua tekau ma wha mano Kotahi rau e rua tekau ma rua eka nui ake iti iho ranei ko nga rohe enei ko te rohe ki te Nota he piihi whenua ko Kaitaia te ingoa me tetahi piihi ano ko Pukikahikatoa me te wai nui o Takahue me etahi atu whenua ko Okakewai ko Patiki ko Maungataniwha Weta No. 2 ki te Eta ko Takahue No. 2 ki te Hauta ko te manga o Manganuiowai ko Awaroa No. l ko te Manga o Waiotehua ko Uhiroa ki te Weta he Whenua na nga tangata maori 13820 riki 1800 riki 177 riki he whenua ano ko Pupuke te ingoa 400 riki 254 riki 220 riki 187 riki 290 riki 217 riki 290 riki 354 riki.
I George Kelly an Interpreter duly appointed under The Native Land Act 1873 Interpreter's certificate. do hereby certify that the above is a true and clear statement in the Maori Language of the contents of the Deed written on the first page of this sheet of parchment which said Deed I properly explained to Timoti Puhipi Wi Tana Papahia and Hone Harimana the Natives therein mentioned before the same was executed by them.

Geo. Kelly,
Licensed Interpreter.

I Theodore Minet Haultain the Trust Commissioner under the Native Lands FraudsTrust Commissioner's certificate. Prevention Act 1870 for the District of Auckland do hereby certify that I have with respect to the within written instrument and the alienation thereby witnessed, made the inquiries directed by the said Act, and do certify that I am satisfied with the result of such inquiries.

T. M. Haultain,
Trust Commr.

Dated this 23rd day of August, 1875.

741 c.
Received for Registration at 1 p.m. 24th Augt. 1875.
[l.s.]

M. Hamilton,
Registrar.

A true copy of original Deed, Maori Précis, Certificates and Endorsement.Registration.

H. Hanson Turton.

Wellington, March 8th, 1876.