The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 84
The Union was formed by Mrs. Leavett on the 28th May, 1885. The members felt somewhat reluctant at first, but finally decided to form the Union. The meetings are held fortnightly in the Good Templars' Hall.page 20
When the petitions against barmaids being allowed in the public-houses were being signed, the Union canvassed the district for signatures. Parcels for the Prison Gate Brigade have been sent from time to time.
There are thirty-five members on the roll.