The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 79
The First Officials
The First Officials.
- Chairman of the Sessions of the Peace Court.—C. R. D. Ward.
- Clerk of Court.—E. F. Harris.
- Resident Magistrate and Chairman of the Bench, Napier.—John Curling.
- Clerk and Interpreter.—E. F. Harris.
- Chairman of the Bench, Waipukurau.—Alfred Newman.
- Police.—H. Groom, corporal; J. Rose, private.
Magistrates resident within the district:—Messrs John Curling, R.M., George S. Cooper. John C. L. Carter, H. R. Russell, Donald Gollan, Alex. Alexander, Alfred Newman, James Anderson, Walter Ogilvy.page 60
Visiting Justices of the Gaol.—Messrs John Curling, J. C. I.. Carter.
District Land Purchase Commissioner.—G. S. Cooper.
Sub-Commissioner of Crown Lands.—H. S. Tiffen.
Clerk.—J. B. Williams.
Chief District Surveyor.—H. S. Tiffon.
Provincial Sub-Treasurer.—E. Catchpool.
Deputy Postmaster. K. Catclipool.
Returning Officer.—John Curling.
Native Surgeon. T. Hitchings.
Deputy Registrar of Birth, Deaths and Marriages.—E. Catchpool.
Inspector of Sheep. F. Tiffen.
Registrar of Brands.—F. Tifien.
Registrar under Dog Act.—E. F. Harris.
Official authorised to lay Informations under the Native Land Purchase Ordinance.—E. F. Harris.
Commissioner for taking Affidavits for the Supreme Court.—E. Catchpool.
Officer appointed to Issue Licenses for the Sale of Ammunition.—John Curling.
Pilot and Ferryman.—John McKinnon.