The Pamphlet Collection of Sir Robert Stout: Volume 62
Declaration under the Deferred-payment System.
|1.||I am of the age of seventeen years and upwards.|
|2.||I am making the present selection of land [or I am desirous of becoming the transferee of a license for land held by____, of____, under page 44 the system of deferred payments, under "The Land Act, 1885," and its amendments, bonâ fide for my own exclusive use and benefit, and not directly or indirectly for the use or benefit of any other person whomsoever, and for the purpose of cultivation.|
|3.||I have not at any time acquired the freehold of any land under the deferred-payment system, or under the homestead system, which with my present application, will exceed 640 acres in all.|
|4.||I am not the holder, either in my own name or in the name of any other person, of, and I am not beneficially interested in, any lands of the Crown within the colony under the deferred-payment system, or under the perpetual lease system, or under any agricultural lease to an amount which, added to the acreage comprised in this present application, would exceed 640 acres in extent.|
|5.||I am not the owner of a pre-emptive right, or of 640 acres of land in all.|
And I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of an Act of the General Assembly of New Zealand intituled "The Justice of the Peace Act, 1882."
Persons who may and may not Become Selectors on Deferred Payments.
Any person of the age of seventeen years and upwards may become a selector hereunder; but no person who has forfeited the right to hold the land selected by him by reason of the wilful breach of any of the conditions of his license under the deferred-payment system shall be allowed at any time to make a new selection under this Act.
- No owner of a pre-emptive right;
- No person being the owner in fee of six hundred and forty acres of land in all;
- No person who at any time acquires or has acquired a freehold under the system of occupying land known as the "homestead" system;
- No selector who has acquired the freehold of any land on deferred payment under the relief afforded in accordance with the recommendation of the Waste Lands Committee of the House of Representatives in a report dated the thirtieth day of June, one thousand eight hundred and eighty;
- No married waman not having obtained a decree of judicial separation or a protection order, or not altogether separated and living apart from her husband;
- No person who, at the time of making his application has made any arrangement or agreement to permit any other person to acquire, by purchase or otherwise, the allotment in respect of which his application is made, or which he has bought by tender, or any part thereof, or the applicant's interest therein; shall become a selector hereunder.