Salient: Victoria University of Wellington Students' Newspaper. Vol. 32, No. 4. 1969.
Students who have had a part-time job or worked during vacations will soon be filling in tax returns for the 1969 tax year to see if they are entitled to a refund.
Here are some hints to help speed up your tax refund—
• Fill in one form only and show details of all your income for the year; the 1969 tax year covered the period 1 April 1968 to 31 March 1969.
• Attach all your copies of tax deduction certificates; your refund will be delayed if some of your certificates are missing.
• Sign the declaration on the front of the form.
The start at the nearest tax office will be pleased to:
• Check your return before you put it in, or
• Help you fill in your return.