Salient. Victoria University of Wellington Students' Newspaper. Volume 31, No. 24. October 1, 1968
Graduates Or Students ...
We are seeking B.C.A. graduates or students completing a period of full-time study in accountancy who propose obtaining practical experience to support their academic qualifications. We are in a position to offer experience in all fields of accountancy, and details of this will be discussed at an interview.
Training And Experience ...
We envisage that the successful applicants will commence in either the auditing or taxation and accounting fields. After initial training and experience an appraisal of performance will be made and recommendations will be available as to the desirability of:
Specialisation in one of the various aspects of public accountancy.
A period of overseas experience.
Seeking a superior position in industry or commerce.
The Rewards Are ...
• Salary—Commensurate with qualifications and any practical experience already obtained. Graduates who have completed the Accountancy Professional course can expect to commence at $2,600.
• Superannuation—The firm offers membership of its superannuation scheme to senior staff.
• Leave for attending lectures, courses, professional meetings, seminars and further examinations is usually granted.
• Training is given in any sphere in which the staff are working by our own courses, conferences, manuals and on the job assistance.
• Working Conditions are excellent, being in a modern office with well-trained and highly qualified staff.
Your application—which will be treated in strict confidence—should state your age and should include full details of your education, qualifications and any work history and should be sent to ...
Barr, Burgess & Stewart
P.O. Box 243 - Wellington