Salient. Victoria University of Wellington Students' Newspaper. Volume 31 Number 16 July 16, 1968
The Rewards Are . . .
• Salary — Commensuate with qualifications and any practical experience already obtained. Graduates can expect to commence at $2400.
• Superannuation — The firm offers membership of its superannuation scheme to senior staff.
• Leave — For attending any lectures, courses, professional meetings, seminars and further examinations is usually granted.
• Training — Training is given in any sphere in which the staff are working by our own courses, conferences, manuals and on the job assistance.
• Working Conditions — Working conditions are excellent, being in a modern office with well trained and highly qualified staff.
Your applications — which of course will be treated in strict confidence — should state your age and should include full details of your education, qualifications and any work history and should be sent to :
Barr, Burgess & Stewart,
P.O. Box 243,
Hotel St. George The "Seven Seas Bar"
Best In New Zealand
• Nearest to University.
• Modern, comfortable surroundings.
• Cool, bright, fresh beer on tap always.
• food available from our "Food Bar", 11.45 a.m. to 2.30 p.m.
• Mixed drinking—all facilities.
Entrees, Cold Buffet, Vegetables, Hot Pies
The Sports Depot
(Witcombe & Caldwell)
Half-way along Willis St.
Long-standing connection with University Sport. Every one of Vic's 24 sports catered for.
Dentice Dry Cleaning
The Students' Dry Cleaner
Free Pick-Up And Delivery
Nzusa Insurance Scheme
Special Concessions And Low Premiums For Life Insurance
Contact Student Association Office.
Offers 15% Discount To Students Mondays to Thursdays
Open 9 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Monday to Saturday
Corner Manners and Parish Streets
New Hairdressing Salon
47 Farish Street and 23 Manners Street
For All Student Styles
Barry & Sargent Ltd.
118 Willis St. - Tel. 45-841
Reginald Collins Ltd
Wholesale wine and spirit people. Vintners to the Students' Association. Carry stocks of all brands of ale, spirits, table wine (from 55c), sherry in flagons ($1.60) or quart bottles.
Free delivery—Cellars located at No. 3 Ballance Street
(Customhouse Quay end)
is situated opposite the fountain in Kelburn Park, 200ft. from the Varsity.
Open every Wednesday and Sunday from 6 p.m.
Hosts: Rachel and Jan Calkoen
Downstage Theatre Cafe
Two Gentlemen Of Verona
by William Shakespeare
Produced by Dick Johnstone Designed by Raymond Boyce
To be presented in mod style, with Cecily Poison, Arianthe Garland, Russell Duncan, Peter McKenzie, Alan Farquhar.
Daysh Renouf & Co.
Members Wellington Stock Exchange
National Mutual Centre
Featherston Street Tel. 70-169