Salient. An Organ of Student Opinion at Victoria College, Wellington, N.Z. Vol. 8, No. 1. Friday, March, 2, 1945
High on the priority list at vacation Exec. meetings was appointment of Extrav. officers for 1945. The lesson of early starting has been well learned. Three scripts are known to be in existence, although incomplete. Competition, however, is a good thing in this direction and further scripts are solicited.
- Extrav. Controller: J. Barr.
- Assistant: I. C. McDowall.
- Treasurer: J. D. Steele.
- Business Manager: M, Twomey.
- Financial Controller: G. C. Edgar.
- Iniblicity Controller: S. Campbell.
- House Manager: R, M. Daniell.
- Musical Director: Norm. Cummings
- Social Controller: G. S. Bogle.
- Ticket Controller: M. J. Poole.
- Interval Entertainer: G. S. Bogle.
- Managers of Capping Book: J. Ziman, T. H. Burt.
- Script Selection Committee: Jack Barr, John Carrad, Huddy Williamson.
The form of this year's show is expected to be that of a revue, i.e., three or more short spasms with footlight entertainment during scene shifts. This may be changed in favour of a full-length play, however, if a script of sufficient merit is submitted. Discussed plans have included a procession. A decision on this will rest on the attitude of the police, availability of trucks and petrol, etc. Finance raised by it (if any) will be halved between the Patriotic Fund and ISS.