Salient. An Organ of Student Opinion at Victoria College, Wellington, N.Z. Vol. 7, No. 3. May 3, 1944
May we present the Extravaganza and Capping Organisers. They were appointed at a meeting extraordinary of the Executive, called immediately after the discovery of a script.
Two days later a casting meeting had been held; a hundred scripts typed, cyclostyled and distributed; the Opera House booked; Cappicade started; properties collected; costumes organised; publicity undertaken; and all the hundred and one Jobs which make Capping Week possible pushed ahead.
The public (Including ourselves) are inclined to remember the cast alone. Let us here pay a tribute to the indefatigable team behind the scenes.
- Extrav. Organiser: O. J. Creed.
- Assistant Organiser: I. C. McDowall.
- Grad. Ceremony Controller: J. Barr.
- Undergrad. Supper Controller:
- June Holmes.
- Treasurer: J. Barr.
- Business Manager: L. Starke.
- Financial Controller: G. Edgar.
- Cappicade Editor: Cecil Crompton.
- House Manager: R. M. Daniell.
- Stage Manager: H. Williamson.
- Properties: Alec. McLeod.
- Publicity: Hylton Burt, John Ziman.
- Wardrobe Mistress:
- Shirley Grinlinton.
- Ballet Mistress: Moira Wicks.
- Musical Director: Lynn Henderson.
- Ticket Controller: M. Te Punga.
- Social Controller: M. Eichelbaum.
Of this Impressive list perhaps two or three carry the greatest load of responsibility. We take a liberty with your feelings by presenting the photographs of a few of them.
A biographical note may also be of interest: