Number One; or, The Way of the World
Canterbury Provincial Directory
Canterbury Provincial Directory.
- Superintendent—His Honour W. S. Moorhouse
- Executive Council—C. R. Blakiston, Provincial Secretary, T. S. Duncan, Provincial Solicitor, H. A. Scott, W. Wilkin
- Provincial Treasurer—J. Marshman
- Clerk—H. Bainbridge
- Auditor—R. J. Harman
- Chief Clerk to the Provincial Secretary —T. W. Maude
- Assistant—G. Turner
- Provincial Council—R. Packer, C. W. Bishop, C. B. Fooks, T. S. Duncan, J. T. Cookson, R. Davis, A. Alport, C. Ward, A. Dobbs, C. R. Blakiston, R. H. Rhodes, R. Harman, A. E. White, W. Thomson, C. W. Wyatt, C. Bowen, E. M. Templer, J. Ollivier, J. Miln, E. Latter, E. F. Harston, J. G. Fyfe, T. Potts, R. Higgins, G. A. Ross, W. Wilkin
- Speaker—C. Bowen
- Clerk—H. Quin
- Messengers—R. Whish & A. Barwell
- Messrs. T. S. Duncan, C. W. Wyatt, E. F. Harston, W. Williams, E. Johnstone, C. J. Hodgson, J. Hodgson, J. D. Bamford, — Patten
- Messrs, Alfred Barker — Parkerson, Thos. Fisher, — Coward,—Turnbull, — Hilson, — Chapman
- Henry John Chitty Harper, D. D., Bishop of Christchurch; Octavius Mathias, Archdeacon of Akaroa; Benjamin Dudley, Franeis Knowles, James Wilson, William Willock, Charles Bowen, Henry Tendall, W. Aylmer, G. Cotterill, Henry Jacobs,
- Henry W. Harper, O. Torlesse, C. Alabaster
- James Buller and William Rowse
- C. Fraser, Christchurch
Church of Rome.
- Joseph Seon
- Lyttelton—A. J. Alport, F. Noble, Campbell & Co., E. A. Hargreaves
- Christchurch—J. T. Parkinson, John Ollivier, H. E. Alport, W. D. Barnard
- Kaiapoi—J. Wylde
Hotels and Public-Houses.
- Lyttleton—"Mitre," ——;"Robin Hood," P. Cameron; "Canterbury," J. Caton; "Universal," W. Heaphy; "Albion," J. Collier.
- Christchurch—"Royal Exorsof," J. B. Thomson; "White Hart," C. Newton; "Golden Fleece," J. F. Ballard; "Royal Oak," Whale.
- Kaiapoi—"Kaiapoi" Hotel, G. F. Day; "Northern" Hotel, J. M. Frazer; "Ferryman's Arms," G. Jackson; "Kaikainui," W. White.
- Akaroa—"Brace's," S. Gibbs; "Commercial," G. Armstrong; "Peninsular," W. Henderson.
- Sumner, G. Day; Heathcote Ferry, E. Pearce, "Heathcote Arms"; Ricarton, J. Dilloway, "Traveller's Rest"; Papanui, J. Meddings; Waimakariri Ferry, J; Felton; Rangiora, T. W. Foster, "Lion"; Timaru, H. Cain and S. Williams.
Wine and Beer Licenses.
- Christchurch—W. Stringer, E. Dillon.
- Kaiapoi—E. Panckhurst.
- Saltwater Creek, D. and D. Cameron; Kowai, J. Leith; Rakaia, W. Dunsford; Ashburton, J. C. Turton; Timaru. J. Deans; Akaroa Harbour, John Anderson
Societies, Associations, and Companies.
- Lyttelton Colonists' Society and Literary Institute
- Lyttelton Savings' Bank
- Lyttelton Branch Union Bank of Australia
- Christchurch Branch Union Bank of Australia
- Building Society, Lyttelton
- Canterbury Steam Navigation Company
- Avon Steam Navigation Company
- Christchurch Harmonic Society
- Christ's College Library: Cashel-street, Christchurch
- Christchurch Mechanics' Institute
- Canterbury Jockey Club
- Farmers' Club
- "Lyttelton Times," and "Canterbury Standard"
Lyttelton Chamber of Commerce.
- A. J. Alport, Secretary
- Cookson, Bowler, & Co., Lyttelton