Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1907.

[No. 791 (1907).—Petition of Gertrude E. Meinertzhagen re Waimarama Block.]

No. 791 (1907).—Petition of Gertrude E. Meinertzhagen re Waimarama Block.

Petitioner prays for the removal of the technical objection of Native Land Acts, to stop litigation and to confirm leases executed by the Native owners.

I am directed to report that the Committee recommends that this petition be referred to the Government for consideration, with a strong recommendation that legislation be introduced to give relief to lessees under section 16 of "The Maori Land Settlement Act, 1905," who did not make declarations under section 26 of "The Maori Lands Administration Act, 1900," prior to the execution of such leases, subject to proper provisions to restrict the area of any lease, to be approved of by any Land Board, to the areas specified in section 26 of "The Maori Lands Administration Act, 1900," as amended by section 15 of the amending Act, 1905, and for the protection of any valid interests which may have been acquired by the Crown or any person prior to the grant of such approval.

12th November, 1907.

[Translation.]
No. 791 (1907).—Pitihana a Gertrude E. Mainatakena mo Waimarama Poraka.

E inoi ana kia unuhia atu te whakahe a ture noa nei a nga Ture Whenua Maori, kia whakamutua nga whakawa, a kia whakamanaia hoki nga riihi i hainatia e nga Maori no ratou te whenua.

page 20

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ripoata, e penei ana te kupu tohutohu atu a te Komiti me tuku atu tenei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga kia whiriwhiria, we te tohutohu kaha atu ano hoku kia whakatakotoria he rarangi ture hei whakaora i nga kai-tango riihi katoa i raro i tekiona 16 o "Te Ture Whakanokonoho Whenua Maori, 1905," kaore nei i hanga Kii Pono i raro i tekiona 26 o "Te Ture Whakahaere Whenua Maori, 1900," i mua atu i te hainatanga o aua riihi: i raro ano hoki i etahi wkakaritenga tika hei whakawkaiti i nga eka o ia riiki a muri ake nei wkakaaetia ai e ia Poari Whenua kia tuturu tonu ki nga eka e kiia ana i roto i tekiona 26 o "Te Ture Whakahaere Whenua Maori, 1900," i runga i ona whakatikatikanga e tekiona 15 o te Tuare Whakatikatika o te tau 1905, a hei tiaki hoki i nga paanga tika katoa kua riro i te Karauna i tetahi atu tangata ranei i mua atu i te karaatitanga o taua kupu wkakaae.

12 o Noema, 1907.