Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1907.

[Nos. 581 (1906) and 580 (1906).—Petitions of Hiraka te Rango and 2 Others and Hakopa te Ahunga.]

Nos. 581 (1906) and 580 (1906).—Petitions of Hiraka te Rango and 2 Others and Hakopa te Ahunga.

Petitioners pray that a rehearing of the case in reference to the descendants of Hiraani te Hei be granted, and the judgment of the Appellate Court be revoked.

I am directed to report that this Committee has no recommendation to make with regard to the prayer of the petitioners, but recommends that the Government take into consideration the question of adoption so far as it affects the rights of succession to Native land, with a view to legislation to prevent abuses.

30th October, 1907.

[Translation.]
Nos. 581 (1906) me 580 (1906).—Pitihana a Hiraka te Rango me etahi atu toko rua me te Pitihana a Hakopa te Ahunga.

E inoi ana kia whakaaetia ano he whakawa mo te keehi e pa ana ki nga uri o Hiraani te Hei, a kia whakakorea atu te whakatau a te Kooti Piira.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ripoata, kaore kau he kupu a te Komiti mo runga i te inoi a nga kai-pitihana, engari e tohutohu atu ana me whiriwhiri e te Kawanatanga tenei mea te whangai mo runga mo tona paanga ki nga take o nga riiwhitanga whenua Maori, i runga i te whakaaro kia mahia he rarangi ture hei arai atu i nga mahi tinihanga.

30 o Oketopa, 1907.