Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1907.

[Nos. 265 (1906) and 228 (1907).—Petitions of Ani Kirimana (Mrs. W. F. Hale), of Tolaga Bay.]

Nos. 265 (1906) and 228 (1907).—Petitions of Ani Kirimana (Mrs. W. F. Hale), of Tolaga Bay.

Petitioner prays that she be heard in connection with her claim set out in section 10 of "The Maori Land Claims Adjustment and Laws Amendment Act, 1904," in the event of opposition thereto.

No. 459 (1906).—Petition of Michael Mullooly and Another, of Tolaga Bay.

Petitioners pray for legislation in respect of Te Kopuni Block.

I am directed to report that the Committee is of opinion that by cancelling the Crown grant and declaring the Kopuni Block papatupu land, Parliament in 1904 went further than was necessary to do justice between the parties, and recommends that legislation be introduced for the purpose of reinstating the position that existed prior to the special legislation of 1904, but that power be given to the Native Land Court to inquire and determine as to whether Karauria Pahura or Arapera Pahura intended to admit any other person to ownership, and to give effect to such intention if any.

20th September, 1907.

[Translation.]
Nos. 265 (1906) me 228 (1907).—Pitihana a Ani Kirimana (Mrs. W. F. Hale), o Uawa.

E inoi ana kia whakarongona ana korero mo te taha ki tana kereme e whakaatu ake nei i roto i Tekiona 10 o "Te Ture Whakatau Kereme Whenua Maori Whakatikatika Ture, 1904," mehemea ka whakahengia taua kereme.

No. 459 (1906).—Pitihana a Michael Mullooly me tetahi atu, o Uawa.

E inoi ana kia mahia he rarangi ture mo te taha ki Te Kopuni Poraka.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ripoata, ki te whakaaro a te Komiti, i tana whakakorenga i te Karauna Karaati me tana kiianga he whenua Papatupu a te Kopani Poraka, i neke ke atu te Paremete i te tau 1904 i nga tikanga e tika ana hei whakaoti i te tika i waenganui i nga hunga e paangia ana, a e tohutohu atu ana me kawe mai he rarangi ture hei whakahoki ano ki tona ahuatanga e takoto ana i mua atu o te hanganga o te rarangi ture motuhake o te tau 1904, engari me hoatu he mana ki te Kooti Whenua Maori ki te uiui me te whakatau mehemea i whakaaro a Karauria Pahura a Arapera Pahura ranei ki te whakaae kia uru tetahi atu tangata, a ki te whakatutuki hoki i taua whakaaro, mehemea ia he pera.

20 o Hepetema, 1907.