Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1907.

[No. 606 (1907).—Petition of Wakarua Tamaiparea and 85 Others, of the West Coast, North Island.]

No. 606 (1907).—Petition of Wakarua Tamaiparea and 85 Others, of the West Coast, North Island.

Petitioners protest against the European lessees being permitted to acquire the freehold of the Maori lands now held by them under lease under the provisions of "The West Coast Settlement Reserves Act, 1892."

I am directed to report that the Committee has no recommendation to make on this petition, as a question of policy is involved.

4th September, 1907.
page 11

[Translation.]
No. 606 (1907).—Pitihana a Wakarua Tamaiparea me etahi atu e waru tekau ma rima, o Te Taihauauru, Aotearoa.

E whakahe ana kia kaua e tukua nga Pakoha kai-tango riihi kia whiwhi ana i te whirihoura o nga whenua Maori e riihitia ana e ratou i naianei i raro i nga tikanga o "Te Ture Whakatau Whenua Rahui Maori o Te Taihauauru, 1892."

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ripoata, kaore kau he kupu a te Komiti mo runga i tenei pitihana, notemea e pa ana ki nga tikanga whakahaere (a te Kawanatanga).

4 o Hepatoma, 1907.