Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1899.

[No. 307.—Petition of Ihaia te Awanui and 5 Others.]

No. 307.—Petition of Ihaia te Awanui and 5 Others.

Petitioners complain that they have not been put in possession of a small piece of land near Kaikoura, Marlborough District, which one Walter Gibson gave in exchange for 247 acres, part of Parangarahu No. A Block; in consequence they now claim to have a right to the last-mentioned land, and pray for consideration.

I am directed to report that the Committee is of opinion this petition should be referred to the Government for favourable consideration.

10th October, 1899.

[Translation.]
No. 307.—Pitihana a Ihaia te Awanui me etahi atu tokorima.

E ki ana nga kai-pitihana kaore ano ratou i whakawhiwhia ki tetahi whenua, he piihi paku nei, e tata ana ki Kaikoura, Takwa o Wairau, i hoatu nei ki a ratou e tetahi tangata, ko Walter Gibson te ingoa, hei atu mo toratou 247 eka, wahi o Parangarahu No. A Poraka; a na reira e ki ana page 12ratou kua whai take ratou ki Parangarahu No. 3, e inoi ana ratou kia whakaarohia to ratou mate.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, ki te whakaaro o te Komiti me tuku atu tenei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga kia whiriwhiria paitia.

10 o Oketopa, 1899.