Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1898.

[The Landless Natives Bill.]

The Landless Natives Bill.

The Native Affairs Committee, to whom was referred the above-mentioned Bill, has directed me to report as follows: That this Committee is of opinion this Bill is of too important and debatable a character to be dealt with at this late stage of the session, and it recommends that the Government should, during the recess, ascertain the number of landless Natives in each district, and obtain such other information as will enable Parliament to deal with a measure covering the question, which in the opinion of the Committee should be brought forward at the beginning of next session.

3rd November, 1898.

[Translation.]
Pire mo nga Maori Whenua-kore.

I tukuna mai tenei Pire e te Whare ki te Komiti mo nga Mea Maori, a kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Ki te whakaaro o tenei Komiti he Pire tino whai-tikanga tenei a tera e uaua e roa tona korerotanga, na reira kaore e taea te whakahaere i naianei i te mea kua tata tonu te mutu o tenei tuunga o te Paremete, engari ka whai-kupu te Komiti me tahuri te Kawanatanga, i mua mai o te tuunga o te Paremete e haere ake nei, ki te tatau haere i nga Maori kore whenua, a ki te rapu hoki i etahi atu tikanga kia marama ai te Paremete ki te whakahaere i tetahi Pire e kapi ai nga aronga katoa o tenei putake; a ki te whakaaro o te Komiti me tuku taua Pire ki te Whare i nga ra timatanga tonu o te tuunga o te Paremete e haere ake nei.

3 o Noema, 1898.