Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1898.

[Nos. 233 and 234.—Petitions of Henare Maire and 16 Others, and Tare Wetere te Kahu and 24 Others.]

Nos. 233 and 234.—Petitions of Henare Maire and 16 Others, and Tare Wetere te Kahu and 24 Others.

Petitioners pray that the Wainono Lagoon (Middle Island) may not be placed under the control of the Wainono Drainage Board, or be drained, so as to deprive them of their fishing rights.

I am directed to report that, as the Bill dealing with this matter has been withdrawn, the Committee has no recommendation to make.

3rd November, 1898.

[Translation.]
Nos. 233 me 234.—Pitihana a Henare Maire me etahi atu tekau ma ono, me Tare Wetere te Kahu me etahi atu e rua tekau ma wha.

E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia kaua e tukua atu te mana whakahaere mo Wainono Roto (kei Te Waipounamu) ki te Poari Whakamimiti i Wainono; a, ko tetahi, kia kaua e whakamimititia taua roto kei ngaro a ratou wahi mahinga ika.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, i te mea kua unuhia i te Whare te Pire i tukuna nei mo tenei mea, na reira kaore kua a te Komiti kupu.

3 o Noema, 1898.