Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1898.

[No. 160.—Petition of Miriama Pahawaiki and 132 Others.]

No. 160.—Petition of Miriama Pahawaiki and 132 Others.

Petitioners complain that the ten persons in the Crown grant for Tuke-Mokihi Nos. 1 and 2 Blocks, who were really trustees for the rest of the rightful owners, have sold the land and so defrauded them of their rights. They pray for relief.

I am directed to report that the Committee recommends the Government should make inquiries as to certain portions of the blocks which are still in the hands of the trustees, and take such steps as may seem right to give the petitioners relief.

30th August, 1898.

[Translation.]
No. 160.—Pitihana a Miriama Pahawaiki me etahi atu kotahi rau e toru tekau ma rua.

E ki ana nga kai-pitihana hei kai-tiaki mo nga tangata no ratou te whenua i whakaurua ai nga tangata kotahi tekau ki te Karauna karaati mo Tuke-Mokihi Nama 1 me Nama 2 Poraka, a i runga i te hokonga e aua kai-tiaki i taua whenua kua tahaetia nga tika o nga tangata no ratou te whenua. E inoi ana ratou kia whakaorangia to ratou mate.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, ki te whakaaro o te Komiti me uiui e te Kawanatanga te ahua o etahi wahi o aua poraka i toe i te hoko a e puritia nei e aua kai-tiaki, a ma te Kawanatanga e whakahaere etahi tikanga e tika ana hei whakaora i te mate o nga kai-pitihana.

30 o Akuhata, 1898.