Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1898.

[No. 327, 1897.—Petition of Hare Rakena te Aweawe and 42 Others.]

page 10

No. 327, 1897.—Petition of Hare Rakena te Aweawe and 42 Others.

Petitioners, who are the owners of Puketotara Nos. 334, 335, and 336 Blocks, which have been leased by them to a Mr. Pascal, pray for assistance to terminate the said lease on account of the lands remaining to them being so subject to floods that they cannot live thereon, and they ask that the trustees who hold the Crown grant may be prevented from executing any further lease.

I am directed to report that the Committee has no recommendation to make with regard to this petition.

10th August, 1898.

[Translation.]
No. 327, 1897.—Pitihana a Hare Rakena te Aweawe me etahi atu e wha tekau ma rua.

Ko nga kai-pitihana nga tangata no ratou a Puketotara Nama 334, 335, me 336 Poraka, a kua riihitia aua whenua e ratou kia Mr. Pascal, a e inoi ana ratou kia whakaaturia ki a ratou tetahi huarahi e taea ai te whakamutu o taua riihi i te mea ngaro ai i te waipuke nga whenua e toe ana ki a ratou a kaore e taea ana te noho e ratou, a e tono ana ratou kia hanga he tikanga e araia ai nga kai-tiaki, kei a ratou te Karauna karaati o aua whenua, kia kore ai ratou e ahei ki te riihi ano i aua whenua.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, kaore kau a te Komiti kupu mo runga i tenei pitihana.

10 o Akuhata, 1898.