Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1897.

[No. 190.—Petition of Kipa te Whatanui.]

No. 190.—Petition of Kipa te Whatanui.

Petitioner prays for rehearing in connection with Te Pa-o-Taonui and Te Waka Blocks.

I am directed to report that the grievances complained of have been twice reported on by the Native Affairs Committee of other sessions, and this Committee wish to repeat these recommendations—namely, that the matter should be referred to the Government for inquiry and favourable consideration. [See I.–3, 1891, p. 28, petition No. 486 of 1889, and I.–3, 1894, p. 7, petition No. 367.]

8th December, 1897.

[Translation.]
No. 190.—Pitihana a Kipa te Whatanui.

E inoi ana te kai-pitihana kia whakawakia tuaruatia ano a Te Pa-o-Taonui me Te Waka Poraka.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, ko te mate e tangihia nei, ka rua rawa ripoatatanga a te Komiti mo nga Mea Maori i era tuunga o te Paremete, a e hiahia ana te Komiti ki te whakaputa ano i aua tohutehu ana—ara, me tuku atu tenei putake ki te Kawanatanga kia uiuia a kia whakaa rohia paitia. [Tirohia i I.–3, 1891, wharangi 28, pitihana No. 486 o te tau 1889, me I.–3,1894, wharangi 7, pitihana No. 367.]

8 o Tihema, 1897.