Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1896.

[No. 501.—Petition of Te Hurinui Tukapua.]

No. 501.—Petition of Te Hurinui Tukapua.

Petitioner alleges that he has been wrongfully excluded from the list of owners of the Waimarino Block, and prays for restitution.

I am directed to report that since the Committee reported on a similar petition earlier in the session it has been shown that the petitioner has good grounds for his complaint; it is therefore recommended that the Government should make inquiries, and grant such relief as may be deemed necessary to meet the case.

8th October, 1896.

[Translation. ]
No. 501.—Pitihana a Te Hurinui Tukapua.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana i he te mahuetanga o tona ingoa i roto i nga rarangi ingoa o nga tangata o Waimarino Poraka, a e inoi ana ia kia whakaurua ia.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, i muri iho i te ripoatatanga a tenei Komiti i tetahi pitihana penei ano te ahua, i tenei tuunga ano o te Paremete, kua kitea e tika ana nga take o te tono a te kai-pitihana, na reira ka whai kupu te Komiti ki te Kawanatanga kia uiuia tenei mea, a kia hoatu he ora kia rite ano ki te mea e tika ana hei whakaea mo tenei mate.

8 o Oketopa, 1896.