Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1896.

[No. 507, 1895, and No. 403, 1896.—Petitions of Hama Hamuera and 245 Others, and Hanikamu te Hiko and Another.]

No. 507, 1895, and No. 403, 1896.—Petitions of Hama Hamuera and 245 Others, and Hanikamu te Hiko and Another.

Petitioners pray that the question of the "tenths" may be gone into, in order that they may receive the profits accruing therefrom.

I am directed to report that the Committee recommend that these petitions be referred to Government for consideration, in conjunction with the Native Reserves Act Amendment Bill now before the House.

24th September, 1896.

[Translation. ]
No. 507, 1895, me No. 403, 1896.—Pitihana a Hama Hamueka me etahi atu e rua rau e wha tekau ma rima, me Hanikamu te Hiko me tetahi atu.

E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia uiuia nga "whaka-tekau" kia whiwhi ai ratou i nga hua e puta mai ana i aua mea.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, ki te whakaaro a te Komiti me tuku atu enei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga kia hurihuria tahitia raua me te Pire Whakatikatika i te Ture mo nga Rahui Maori e takoto nei i te aroaro o te Whare.

24 o Hepetema, 1896.