Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1896.

[No. 212.—Petition of Hamapiri Tarikama and 14 Others.]

No. 212.—Petition of Hamapiri Tarikama and 14 Others.

Petitioners ask for information regarding reserves they believe were made in Porirua and Heretaunga districts (Wellington), and pray that any such reserves undealt with may be at once put through the Native Land Court.

I am directed to report that the Committee recommend that this petition be referred to the Government for the purpose of having inquiries made as to whether any reserves for the Natives exist within the districts named, and if it is found such reserves do exist, then some proper tribunal should be appointed to deal with the same.

8th September, 1896.

[Translation. ]
No. 212.—Pitihana a Hamapiri Tarikama me etahi atu tekau ma wha.

E ui ana nga kai-pitihana kia mohio ai ratou mo etahi rahui e whakaaro ana ratou i ata wehea i nga Takiwa of Porirua me Heretaunga, Poneke, a e inoi ana mehemea he tika tenei ano etahi rahui e pera ana te takoto me tere tonu te tuku atu aua mea kia whakataua e te Kooti Whenua Maori.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, ki te whakaaro a te Komiti me tuku atu tenei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga kia uiuia e ratou mehemea ranei he tika i wehea ano etahi rahui mo nga Maori i roto i nga takiwa kua huaina ake nei, a ki te kitea i peratia ano, kaati me whakatu tetahi Kooti totika hei whakatau i ana rahui.

8 o Hepetema, 1896.