Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1896.

[Nos. 207 and 312.—Petitions of William Humphries and Hone Kekehu and Others.]

Nos. 207 and 312.—Petitions of William Humphries and Hone Kekehu and Others.

Petitioners allege that, in consequence of the state of the existing law, they are unable to complete certain transactions in connection with lands in the Taranaki District. They pray that legislation may be passed validating these transactions in order that the title to the lands in question may be completed.

I am directed to report that the Committee consider the petitioners have just claims to consideration, and they recommend that legislation be introduced on the lines suggested by the Chief Judge of the Native Land Court in his reports on the petitioners' cases, for the purpose of remedying the disabilities under which the petitioners are labouring.

4th September, 1896.

[Translation. ]
No. 207 me 312.—Pitihana a William Humphries me Hone Kekehu me etahi atu.

E ki ana nga kai-pitihana, na runga i te ahua o nga ture e mana nei, kaore ratou i ahei ki te whakaotioti i etahi tuku e whakahaerea ana e ratou mo etahi whenua i te Takiwa o Taranaki; e inoi ana ratou kia paahitia he ture hei whakamana i aua mahi a ratou kia taea ai te whakaoti o nga tuku mo aua whenua.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, ki te whakaaro o te Komiti e tika ana kia whakaarohia nga putake a nga kai-pitihana, a ko te kupu tenei a te Komiti me whakahaere he ture i runga i te page 13aronga kua tohutohungia nei e te Tumuaki Kai-whakawa o te Kooti Whenua Maori i roto i tana ripoata mo runga i nga keehi a nga kai-pitihana, kia taea ai te whakaora o nga mate s peehi nei i nga kai-pitihana.

4 o Hepatoma, 1896.