Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1896.

[No. 145.—Petition of Rewi Mokena and 21 Others.]

No. 145.—Petition of Rewi Mokena and 21 Others.

Petitioners complain that a mistake has been made in allotment of certain reserves in the Te Aroha Block. They pray that Section 31, Block IX., be reserved for them, and that their individual names be inserted in the title.

I am directed to report that the Committee recommend that the Government should proclaim the land in question a Native reserve under "The Land Act, 1892," for the sole use and benefit of the Ngatirahiri Tribe, now in permanent occupation.

21st August, 1896.

[Translation. ]
No. 145.—Pitihana a Rewi Mokena me etahi atu e rua tekau ma tahi.

E ki ana nga kai-pitihana kua he te whakanohonoho o etahi rahui i roto i Te Aroha Poraka. E inoi ana ratou kia rahuitia a Tekihana 31, Poraka 9, hei whenua mo ratou, a kia whakaurua o ratou ingoa ki roto i te tiwhikete.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, ki te whakaaro a te Komiti me panui e te Kawanatanga taua whenua hei rahui i raro i "Te Ture Whenua, 1892," hei kainga motuhake mo te iwi o Ngatirahiri e noho tuturu mai nei i runga i taua whenua.

21 o Akuhata, 1896.