Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1896.

[Final Report.]

Final Report.

I have the honour to report that the Native Affairs Committee held their final meeting this morning, it being the forty-first held during the session.

The number of petitions received for consideration was 100, including eleven from last session, all of these petitions having been reported on.

The following Bills were considered and reported on, viz.: The Ngatitoa Trust Bill, the Rating Act 1894 Amendment Bill, the Native Reserves Act Amendment Bill, the Urewera District Native Reserves Bill, and the Native Land Laws Amendment Bill.

The Committee also considered and reported on the papers containing the decrees of the Validation Court under "The Native Land (Validation of Titles) Act, 1893."

I am further directed to report, by resolution of the Committee, "That the Committee desires to record its thanks to the Chairman for his able, careful, and courteous management of the business of the Committee during the sessions of this Parliament."

9th October, 1896.

[Translation. ]

E whai honore ana ahau ki te ripoata no tenei ata i tu ai te huihuinga whakamutunga o te Komiti mo nga Mea Maori, a ko te wha tekau ma tahi tenei o uga huihuinga o te Komiti i tenei Huinga o te Paremete.

Kotahi rau nga pitihaua i tae atu ki te Komiti kia whiriwhiria, e uru ana ki enei nga pitihana tekau ma tahi kaore i mahia i te tau 1895, kua mahia katoa enei pitihana a kua ripoatatia.

Ko enei e whai ake nei nga Pire i whiriwhiria a i ripoatatia, ara: Te Pire Tiaki mo Ngatitoa, te Pire Whakatikatika i te Ture Reiti, 1894, te Pire Whakatikatika i te Ture Rahui Maori, te Pire Rahui Maori mo te Takiwa o te Urewera, me te Pire Whakatikatika i nga Ture Whenua Maori.

I whiriwhiria a i ripoatatia hoki nga Pukapuka i tuhia ai ki roto nga Whakataunga a te Kooti Whakamana i raro i "Te Ture Whakamana Take Whenua Maori, 1893."

I runga i tetahi whakataunga a te Komiti, kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei, "E hiahia ana te Komiti kia tuhia ki roto ki nga pukupuka o te Komiti to ratou whakawhetai atu ki te Tiamana mo tona kaha me tona mohio, mo tona ngawari hoki, i a ia e whakahaere ana i nga mahi a te Komiti i roto i nga huinga e toru o tenei Paramete."

9 o Oketopa, 1896.