Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1890.

[No. 138, 1890.—Petition of Karepa Tengi and 12 Others.]

No. 138, 1890.—Petition of Karepa Tengi and 12 Others.

Petitioners pray that an Act may be passed enabling their names to be included in the list of owners to an island called Rangitoto, situated on the west of the South Island.

I have the honour to report as follows: That the opinion of the Committee is that the petition be referred to the Government, and that the petitioner should be advised to make application under section 13 of "The Native Land Court Acts Amendment Act, 1889," so that their names could be included if found that they had been inadvertently omitted.

9 th September, 1890.

[Translation.]
No. 138, 1890.—Pukapuka-inoi a Karepa Tengi me etahi atu tekau ma rua.

E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia hanga tetahi Ture kia ahei ai te whakauru i o ratou ingoa ki roto i te rarangi ingoa o nga tangata whai take ki tetahi Moutere e karangatia ana ko Rangitoto a e takoto ana ki te Hauauru o te Waipounamu.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei ki te whakaaro o tenei Komiti me whakahoki tenei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga me te ki atu ki te kai-pitihana kia tono ia i raro i te tekiona 13 o te "Ture Whakatikatika 1889 i te Ture Kooti Whenua Maori," kia ahei ai te whakauru i o ratou ingoa ara mehemea he mea pohehe te mahuetanga o o ratou ingoa ki waho.

9 o Hepetema, 1890.