Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1890.

[No. 254, 1889.—Petition of Michael Mullooly.]

No. 254, 1889.—Petition of Michael Mullooly.

Petitioner states he purchased a block of land called Uawa from certain Natives to whom it had been awarded, and he spent a considerable sum of money on it. He alleges that John A. Wilson, Government Land Purchase Commissioner, caused the said land to be gazetted under a certain Act, thereby preventing petitioner from completing his title to the said land. He prays for redress in consequence of the action of the said J. A. Wilson.

I have the honour to report as follows: That the opinion of the Committee is that this petition be referred to the Government for consideration.

3rd September, 1890.

[Translation.]
No. 254, 1889.—Pukapuka-inoi a Maikera Mururi.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana i hokona e ia tetahi poraka whenua ko Uawa te ingoa i etahi Maori, he mea whakatau ki a ratou a te Kooti Whenua Maori a he nui ana moni kua pau i runga i taua whenua, a e ki ana hoki ia i meatia e Hone A. Wirihana, Komihana Kaihoko Whenua a te Kawanatanga kia kahititia taua whenua i raro i tetahi Ture a na reira i kore ai e taea e ia te whakaoti i tana take ki taua whenua. E inoi ana ia ki tetahi ora mona i runga i taua mahi a Hone A, Wirihana.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Ki te whakaaro o tenei Komiti me tuku tenei petihana ki te Kawanatanga kia rapua e ratou nga tikanga.

3 o Hepetama, 1890.