Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1888.

[No. 100.—Petition of Paora Rerepu and 327 Others.]

No. 100.—Petition of Paora Rerepu and 327 Others.

Petitioners pray that the boundaries of the Mohaka and Waihua Blocks may be altered; also, that the Crown and Native Lands Rating Act may not be applied to the external boundaries of those blocks. They also complain of the different way the Europeans deal with those lands which they have leased.

I am directed to report as follows: That, with regard to that part of the petition referring to the Mohaka-Waihua Blocks, the whole question is already before the Committee for consideration on another petition. Then, with respect to the Crown and Native Lands Rating Act, the Government have already given notice of its repeal; and, concerning the statement of the petitioners, as to the unsatisfactory condition of joint tenancy, that is beyond the Committee. Therefore there is no recommendation to make.

21st June, 1888

[Translation.]
No. 100,—Pukupuka-inoi a Paora Rerepu me etahi atu e 327.

E inoi ana nga kai-pitihana kia whakarereketia nga rohe o era Poraka o Waihua o Mohaka, me to tono hoki kia kaua e whakaekea te Tore Reite i nga Whenua Karauna me nga Whenua Maori ki runga i nga rohe potae o aua poraka. E whai kupu ana hoki ratou mo te rereke o te mahi a nga pakeha ki aua whenua, e riihitia ana e ratou.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Ko tera wahi o te pitihana mo runga i nga Poraka o Mohaka me Waihua kei te whiriwhiria e te Komiti taua take i naianei i runga i tetahi atu pitihana. Ko te Ture Reiti Whenua Karauna Whenua Maori e kiia nei i roto i te pitihana kia kaua e whakaekea ki runga i nga rohe potae o aua poraka, kua puta te kupu whakaae a te Kawanatanga kia whakakorea taua Ture. Na mo runga i te mahi rereke a nga pakeha e riihi ana i aua whenua he take tena e kore e taeae te Komiti te whakahaere. No reira kahore he kupu a te Komiti.

21 o Hune, 1888