Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1888.

[No. 234, Sess. II., 1887.—Petition of Hapimana Tunupaura and 6 Others.]

No. 234, Sess. II., 1887.—Petition of Hapimana Tunupaura and 6 Others.

Petitioners state that a piece of land which they lent to the Europeans during the war, and which the European and Native Forces occupied on several occasions, has been transferred to one H. Phillips. They pray that half that land may be returned to them.

I am directed to report as follows: That the petitioners claim has been practically settled by confiscation and subsequent arrangements. Therefore the Committee has no recommendation to make.

23rd May, 1888

[Translation.]
No. 234, Sess. II., 1887.—Pukapuka-inoi a Hapimana Tunupaura me etahi atu toko ono.

E Ki ana nga kai-pitihana kua tapaetia kia H. Piripi tetahi whenua i tukuna kautia e ratou hei kainga mo nga hoia me nga Maori i te wa o te whawhai, a he maha o ratou nohoanga i runga taua whenua. E inoi ana ratou inaianei kia whakahokia te hawhe o taua whenua kia ratou.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Kua oti te take a te kai-pitihana te whakarite i runga i te raupatutanga me etahi whakaritanga i muri iho. No reira kahore he kupu a te Komiti.

23 o Mei, 1888