Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1888.

[No. 430.—Petition of Te Reiroa Pirere and Others (No. 2).]

No. 430.—Petition of Te Reiroa Pirere and Others (No. 2).

Petitioners say they are some of the grantees of a reserve made to them by Sir Donald McLean in 1849. They say they were induced to sign a deed made out by one George Rees, which purported to be a deed of lease but was a deed of sale. They would never have signed the deed had they known its real purport. They pray for inquiry.

I am directed to report as follows: That this Committee has no recommendation to make.

20th August, 1888

[Translation.]
No. 430.—Pukapuka-inoi a Te Reiroa Pirere me etahi atu (Nama 2).

E Ki ana nga kai-pitihana ko ratou etahi o nga tangata i uru ki te Karauna karaati mo tetahi rahui i tukuna mo ratou e Ta Tanara Makarini i te tau 1849. E kii ana ratou i whakahaua ratou kia page 28haina i tetahi Tiiti e Hori Riihi i meatia hei Tiiti Riihi. Otira he Tiiti hoko ke taua Tiiti. Ekore rawa ratou e haina i taua Tiiti mei mohio ratou he Tiiti hoko. E inoi ana ratou kia rapua nga tikanga o taua mea.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Kahore he kupu a te Komiti mo runga i tenei tono.

20 o Akuhata, 1888