Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1888.

[No. 232, Sess. II., 1887.—Petition of Tamihana Huata and 2 Others.]

page 1

No. 232, Sess. II., 188.—Petition of Tamihana Huata and 2 Others.

Petitioners state that they lent a piece of land called Ohuka, in the Taramarama Block, for the use of the Forces during the war. They now pray that that land may be returned to them.

I am directed to report as follows: That it appears from the report of Captain Preece, dated the 13th December, 1887, the petitioners have no claim to the land in question. The Committee, therefore, has no recommendation to make.

23rd May, 1888

[Translation.]
No. 232, Sess. II., 1887.—Pukapuka-inoi a Tamihana Huata me etahi atu tokorua.

[Translation.]
No. 232, Sess. II., 1887.—Pukapuka-inoi a Tamihana Huata me etahi atu tokorua.

E Ki ana nga kai-pitihana i tukuna noatia e ratou tetahi piihi whenua e karangatia ana ko Ohuka i roto i te Taramarama Poraka hei kainga mo nga hoia i te wa e whawhai ana. E inoi ana ratou i naianei kia whakahokia taua whenua ki a ratou.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: E whakaaro ana te Komiti i runga i nga korero i tukuna mai e Kapene Pirihi o te 13 o Tihema, 1887, mo runga i taua take kahore he take a nga kai-pitihana ki te whenua e tonoa nei e ratou. No reira kahore he kupu a te Komiti mo runga i tenei tono.

23 o Mei, 1888