Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1887, No. 2.

[No. 155, Sess. I.—Petition of Te Moanapapaku te Huiatahi and Another.]

No. 155, Sess. I.—Petition of Te Moanapapaku te Huiatahi and Another.

Petitioners, who assert that they have a proprietary interest in Tongariro, Ngaruahoe, and Ruapehu, which have been presented to the Government by other Natives for a National Park, ask for a rehearing of the application for the subdivision of the said land, as, owing to their being at a Land Court at Wanganui at the time the above land was being dealt with by the Land Court, they were unable to protect their rights in respect of the said land.

I am directed to report as follows: That as the petitioners have the opportunity of applying to the Chief Judge of the Native Land Court for a rehearing of the lands referred to, this Committee has no recommendation to make.

16th November, 1887.

[Translation.]
No. 155, Sess. I.—Pukapuka-inoi a Te Moanapapaku a te Huiatahi me tetahi atu.

E Ki ana nga kai-pitihana e whai take ana ratou ki te poraka o Tongariro, o Ruapehu, me Ngaruahoe kua tukuna nei o etahi atu Maori ki te Kawanatanga hei whenua ahuareka a e inoi ana ratou kia whakawakia tuaruatia i runga i te tono kia wehewehea taua whenua. No te mea i te whakawarea ratou ki te Kooti i Whanganui i te wa e whakawakia ana taua whenua e te Kooti, heoi kihai ratou i ahei te tae atu ki taua Kooti ki te whakahaere i a ratou take.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: I te mea e marama noa atu ana ki nga kai-pitihana te tono ki te Tumuaki o te Kooti Whenua Maori kia whakawakia tuaruatia te whenua e whakahuatia nei kahore he kupu a te Komiti.

16 o Nowema, 1887.