Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1887, No. 2.

[No. 137, Sess. II.—Petition of S. D. Taiwhanga.]

No. 137, Sess. II.—Petition of S. D. Taiwhanga.

Petitioner states that he and others were awarded £227 8s. 9d. compensation for land taken for railway purposes, that they only received £100 instead of the full amount of the award. He prays that the balance, £127 8s. 9d., may be paid to him.

I am directed to report as follows: That the Committee are of opinion that the petitioner has failed in establishing any claim against the Government. The receipt given on the 11th June, 1885, to Mr. Clendon when the last £100 was paid signed by the petitioner and others was a clear discharge of any further liability.

1st December, 1887.

[Translation.]
No. 137, Sess. II.—Pukapuka-inoi a S. D. Taiwhanga.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana i whakataua kia utua ki aia me etahi atu nga moni e £227 8s. 9d. hei utu mo te whenua i tangohia mo te Reriwe erangi £100 anake i utua ki a ratou kihai etahi o nga moni i homai. E inoi ana ia kia utua nga £127 8s. 9d. ki aia.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: E whakaaro ana te Komiti kihai marama te tono a te kaipitihana ki te Kawanatanga ko te pukapuka i hainatia i hoatu kia te Kerenana i te 11 o nga ra o Hune, 1885, ara i te utunga o te £100 i muri nei i hainatia e te kai-pitihana me etahi atu hei whakaotingo i a ratou tono.

1 o Tihema, 1887.