Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1887, No. 2.

[No 19, Sess. II.—Petition of Tapata Harepeka and 19 Others.]

page 4

No 19, Sess. II.—Petition of Tapata Harepeka and 19 Others.

Petitioners pray that a piece of land called Whakarewa, which was given as a site for a school for the childen of the Ngatirarua Tribe, and which school is now closed, may be returned to them at once.

I am direted to report as follows: That, as this subject was fully reported upon last session and as Mr. A. W Mackay states the report is at present before the Government for consideration, the Committee would again press the matter upon the attention of the Government with the view of their providing the mecessary legislation for a settlement of the matter.

22nd November, 1887.

[Translation.]
No 19, Sess. II.—Pukapuka-inoi a Tapata Harepeka me etahi atu e 19.

E Inoi ana nga kai-pitihana mo tetahi whenua mo Whakarewa, he whenua i hoatu hei turanga kura mo nga tamariki o te iwi o Ngatiraukawa, otira kua kapi taua kura inaianei, a e inoi ana ia kia whakahokia tonutia atu ki aia inaianei ano.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: No te mea i tukuna te ripoata mo tenei take i te Paramete kua hori nei A kua ki a te Make kei te aroaro o te Kawanatanga te ripoata hei whirawhiria ma ratou. Heoi ka tono ano te Komiti ki te Kawanatanga kia tahuri ratou ki te hanga mai i tetahi Ture hei whakaoti i tenei take.

22 o Nowema, 1887.