Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1885.

[No. 352.—Petition of Hapara W. Ngahakiki and Others.]

No. 352.—Petition of Hapara W. Ngahakiki and Others.

Petitioners state there are three lists of names of owners of the Rotorua Township, Pukeroa-Oruawhata Block—viz., (1) the old people, (2) the men and women who married into other tribes, and (3) the children whose parents are alive and have their names included in one or other of the above lists. They ask that their names may be shifted from the third to the first list, for reasons which they state.

I am directed to report as follows: That this petition should be referred to the Government for inquiry.

17th September, 1885.

[Translation.]
No. 352.—Pukapuka-inoi a Hapara Ngahakiki me etahi atu.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana e toru nga rarangi ingoa o nga tangata whai take ki te Taone o Rotorua Pukeroa Arawhata Poraka: (1) ko nga kaumatua, (2) ko nga tane me nga wahine i marena ki etahi iwi ke atu, (3) ko te urunga atu o nga ingoa o nga tamariki a nga matua e ora nei ki tetahi ki etahi ranei o nga rarangi ingoa. E inoi ana ratou kia unuhia mai o ratou ingoa i te 3 o nga rarangi kia whakauruhia ki te rarangi tuatahi i runga ano i a ratou take e korero nei.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei:— Me tuku tenei pitihana ki te Kawanatanga kia pataia nga take e ratou.

17 o Hepetema, 1885.