Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1885.

[No. 112.—Petition of Elizabeth Arnett and Another.]

No. 112.—Petition of Elizabeth Arnett and Another.

Petitioners state that a Native reserve was pegged out by Mr. Mantell, a portion of which, as shown on the plan, was given to their mother for the children of Tiemi Riri and Mere Wehikore. When Mr. Mackay divided the land in 1875 he did not divide their share. They wish this land to be settled, and a Crown grant issued to them for it.

I am directed to report as follows: That this petition should be referred to the Government for consideration.

15th September, 1885.

[Translation.]
No. 112.—Pukapuka-inoi a Riripeti Aneta me tetahi atu.

E ki ana te kai-pitihana i poua nga rohe o tetahi Rahui Maori e te Matera, ko tetahi wahi o taua Rahui e whakaaturia nei i runga i te mapi i hoatu ma to maua whaea ma nga tamariki hoki a Tiemi Riri me Mere Wehukore. I te wehewehenga a te Make i te whenua i te tau 1875 kihai i wehea e ia a matou hea. E hiahia ana matou kia whakaotia nga raruraru o tenei whenua kia whakaputaina he karauna karaati kia matou mo taua whenua.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Ko tenei pitihana me tuku ki te Kawanatanga kia whakaarohia e ratou.

15 o Hepetema, 1885.