Other formats

Adobe Portable Document Format file (facsimile images)   TEI XML file   ePub eBook file  

Connect

mail icontwitter iconBlogspot iconrss icon

Reports of the Native Affairs Committee, 1885.

[No. 89, Sess. II., 1884.—Petition of Robert Studholme Thompson.]

No. 89, Sess. II., 1884.—Petition of Robert Studholme Thompson.

Petitioner states that his wife is a tribal owner in lands set aside by the Royal Commission for the Ngatimanuhiakai hapu of Ngaruahine, on the Waimate Plains, and that he petitioned in the year 1881 for a separate reserve, and in 1882 also, representing that it was not fair for his wife to share alike in a reserve for reclaimed rebels. This second petition was recognized, and he was promised that individualization should take place as soon as possible. He now prays for relief.

I am directed to report as follows: That the Committee understand that petitioner's claim has been dealt with under section 5 of "The West Coast Settlements Reserves Act 1881 Amendment Act, 1884." It has therefore no recommendation to make.

9th July, 1885.

(Translation.]
No. 89, Sess. II., 1884.—Pupapuka-inoi a Ropata Tutahomu Tamihana.

E Ki ana te kai-pitihana e whai take ana tana wahine ki etahi whenua i wehea e nga Komihana o te tai Hauamu ma Ngatimanuhiakai Hapu o Ngaruahine i Waimate, a i tukua mai ano e ia tetahi pitihana i te tau 1881, me te tau 1882, me te ki mai kahore i tika kia whakaritea te hea ma tona wahine kia rite ki nga hea ma te hunga rau patu. I whakaarohia ano te pitihana tuarua, a i whakaaetia kia wehewehea te whenua kia tau ai te hea a ia tangata a ia tangata e tono ana ia inaianei ki tetahi ora mona.

Kua whakahaua ahau kia ki penei: Ki te mohio o te Komiti kua oti te whakarite to kereme i raro i te tekiona 5 o "Te Ture Rahui whakanohonoho Kainga 1881 Ture Whakatikatika 1884." No reira kahore he kupu a te Komiti mo runga i tenei tono.

9 o Hurae, 1885.